Saturday, December 10, 2011

Flames of War

My opening post to this blog will be a series of pictures of my one and only foray into the Flames of War. The scenario depicted takes place in Normandy as a mixed force of Canadians and Americans encounter tanks and grenadiers of the 12 SS Panzer Division.

These figures and tanks were later sold on Ebay as I just couldn't get into Flames of War. And as the pictures show, I never even based my miniatures. I just can't stand bases, because they feel too much like counters to me. So if I'm going to play with counters, I prefer to do that with Advanced Squad Leader.

Flames of War is an awesome game and is doing great things for our hobby, it just wasn't for me. If I'm going to have miniatures on a table, I want them free to move around my table and get the absolute most of a three dimensional game.

That's just me and for those who read this and other blogs to follow, you will see that I am very much a "set 'em up and knock 'em down" type of gamer.

I'm not particularly fond of rules and really love a more simple type of gaming. So at age 46...I'm not so different from my five year old self setting up his Swoppets for a skirmish in the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment